Vancouver Waiter Resources was founded in 1989 by two employees from the hotel system. They saw a great need for quality banquet staff to cover personnel shortages for extra-large functions or absentees due to illness.
For the next 2 years, Charles Sauve President of VWR, approached the hotels & catering firms with this new concept, explaining how the system worked and how it could aid them with their staffing challenges.
Today VWR has many satisfied clients that take advantage of our on-call services on a regular basis.
VWR staff for large VIP Events:
- Vancouver Molson Indy – 200+ staff per year for 14 years.
- APEC – 1997 100+ staff at B.C Place Stadium
- World Amway Conventions – 100+ staff on Multiple Occasions at Enterprise Hall, Plaza of Nations
- LPGA – 50 staff for catering outside & at Pt. Grey Golf Club * Entertainment Awards
- Van City Gala Dinner at BC Place Stadium
- BC Lions home games 20-50 per game
- World Cup Hockey 100 staff for 3 days at GM Place
- TED Talks at Vancouver Convention Centre